Friday, October 24, 2008

Introduction

Well hello! Welcome to the blog of Ickis, Tank and Pearl written by their Mom! Lets start off with introductions.

Ickis

Ickis was my 'firstborn', he came home with me in September of 2001. His birthday is on August 18. The second I saw him I was in love, he was so cute! The story behind Ickis is a little problematic; he was supposed to be a pure bred pug. As you can see, hes not. I think he is half Chihuahua. You can read about how I was mis-led by his evil breeder here: http://www.crimsonvision.net/badbreeder.htm

Ickis is a big baby, I believe because of the Chihuahua in him. He's also a big mama's boy, always running to me for the slightest thing. He loves to have me pick him up and he wraps his front legs around my neck almost like he's hugging me. He's extremely smart, almost too smart for me sometimes. His best trick is to 'dance' and even spin around in a circle while on his hind legs. But probably the most adorable thing Ick does is 'smile'. As you can see from the pics above he really looks like he is grinning. This always seems to get him out of alot of trouble, lucky for him as he still marks after all this time no matter how much time and training I've put into him. But I still love him.

Tank

Born on February 8th, 2002, Tank was my second little man. Well, he's not so little anymore, he has certainly grown into his name! I had alot better luck with my experience in bringing Tank home, his breeder was wonderful. Tank is fully registered with the AKC and I have wanted to see how he would do in the show ring. We started going to classes but alas I had to stop due to money restraints. Ah well, he still is the most perfect pug in my mind!

Tank is a sweetheart. He loves to cuddle and is very much a lap dog but because of his bulk he doesn't like to actually be picked up. He has a bit of a girlish bark, most people comment he barks like a girl. He's not afraid of anything, will always go charging up to someone almost demanding to be loved. He sleeps in the bed next to me, his head on a pillow just like mine. And he snores, oh man does he snore! He practically shakes the bed with his snores!

On July 6th of 2007, Tank and Ickis got into an argument over breakfast, mainly Tank wanted to eat Ickis'. They scuffled and Tank ended up with a proptosed right eye. I hysterically rushed him to the emergency vet where we decided we would try and save the eye even though it looked like he wouldn't have use of it. Two weeks went by of eye drops and ointment every 4 hours, poor Tank was miserable. We went back to have the stitches removed (as the eye was stitched shut to try and let it heal) and within 24 hours of it opening it was obvious the eye could not be saved and we had it removed the next morning. I was devastated to say the least.

After the operation though Tank was immediately more comfortable and soon returned to his normal happy self. He does not seem to miss his right eye at all and we affectionaltely call him our little 'Pirate Pug'.
Pearl
Born on July 5th, 2006, Pearl came home to live with us on December 8th, 2006. I've always wanted a little black girl pug so Pearl was my dream come true. She is the sweetest little girl and is *very* attached to me, even moreso than the boys. I can't make a move without Pearl coming with me or lay down somewhere without Pearl snuggling up to me. I love it.
Pearl has the softest fur of any pug I have ever touched and trust me, I've touched pretty much every pug I've ever seen. Currently she is a little overweight but we are working on correcting that, much to her dismay. She is extreemly food driven, so much so I had to buy her a special bowl to get her to slow down her eating and have to monitor mealtimes now to make sure she doesn't steal any of the boys leftover food.
Its almost 2 years now that Pearl has been with us and I fall in love with her more each day.
Mom
A little about me; I'm 32 but really never grew up. Originally from Boston, the boys and I packed up and moved to Texas in 2003. I sew an awful lot, mostly costumes; you can see my website here: http://www.crimsonvision.net/ . I am a member of the medieval reenactment group called the SCA which is also where I met my Husband. We got married on November 11th, 2006 and we now live just north of Dallas with our three pugs and two cats.
So thats all I can think of for now! Hopefully I'll update this blog often; next up pics of the pugsketeers!

No comments:

Post a Comment