Tuesday, November 4, 2008

More SCA pics

My friend Grace took this photo of my Husband and I before his final fight in the competition this past weekend. In the SCA before people fight in Tournaments they are asked to make salutes to people such as the King and Queen, The Baron and Baroness and that sort of thing. They also ask the fighters to make salutes to the person they are fighting for or bears their Favor. The salute can be as simple as a nod in that persons general direction or as elaborate as a fighter likes. My Husband always comes to me on bended knee and takes one of my hands in his while I wrap the other arm around him and kiss his helm and whisper words of encouragement and love. I often end up crying after his salutes especially if it is an important competition. But I am a big sap and cry pretty easily. ;)

Anyways, here is the pic she took, in color and in sepia tones. I can't decide which I like better but one of them is going to be printed proffesionally, framed and hung next to the scroll he won.




4 comments:

  1. We think we like the color one best.

    Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the color one best.

    And...aw...how romantic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi puggies!

    I wanted to thank you for commenting on my blog and being my friend!

    I love this picture of your mom & dad!

    Love & Snorts,
    Pearl

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read about the SCA after reading this post - can you believe that I spent the afternoon reading almost all of your posts? I was sooooo behind!!! Sorry :( -
    OK so this is AWESOME!
    PS I like the color one, too!

    ReplyDelete