Monday, January 5, 2009

What I've been up to

The past two weeks I've had off from work and have spent a good deal of time away from the computer. Just finished reading up on all of your blogs; too many to comment on but I read them at least! :)

I've been a busy bee this vacation; the pugs happily keeping me company the whole time. I've made three victorian gowns in the past week; two replicas from the Movie 'Moulin Rouge (my favorite) and one bustle gown of my own creation. Thought I would share them with you!

Here is the first gown I made; the Blue and Black victorian gown that is a period gown but not a replica. I just liked the blue and black combination.



Next is the first Moulin Rouge replica; Satine's Grey Walking Gown. First is a picture from the movie and second is a picture of the gown I made.
Lastly is a gown that is still in progress as of last night; I haven't doen the closures on the jacket yet (they are just pinned) nor have I finished the lower part of the sleeves but you can still see that I have alot done. I also need to have the leather waist cincher made, that is in progress. First is a screencap from the behind the scenes of the movie and second is my gown as it looks at the moment.


Hope you like em! :)

10 comments:

  1. I am really amazed at these gowns! You are so talented!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo great my Mommy hopes to have a fragment of your talent as she continues to sew, she is still learning but she loves it so much(I'm so jealous, or your babies jealous when you so?)I just sit and whine. Mommy says, "Eduardo, whould you like some cheese with that 'whine'?"
    Hugs & Snugs
    Eduardo the Snuggle Puggle

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my goodness!
    they are gorgeous!
    you are amazing!
    :)
    melissa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone! Eduardo, yes the pugs get jealous sometimes and I will take a break to play with them but most of the time they just sleep. I think they are so used to the sound of the machines that it puts them to sleep now! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am amazed!!! You are very talented, indeed! I wish I could sew something much simpler, will try again someday...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Like them? Are you mad WOMAN? as PlusOne would say. Those dresses are amazing. They are gorgeous. Do you show them? Or wear them? Or let someone else model them? OMG what talent have you been hiding from us!

    Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Roxy! :) The dresses pictured are indeed for me but I do make them for other people too! I am glad you like them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh my! those gowns are fabulous!! I love the blue and black one...you are so talented!! what will you do with them? do you wear them? oh, we need more info!!
    hugs,
    puglette
    :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! We are very impressed at your talent! Mommy thinks she can sew, but she can't make anything that elaborate!

    Pug hugs and kisses!
    The Pug Posse

    ReplyDelete
  10. Our mommy said those are so very pretty, and she also said you have a wonderful talents too.

    ReplyDelete